●提醒
我得提醒一句。
Let me give you a piece of advice.
I want to buy this car. (我真想买这辆汽车。)
Let me give you a piece of advice. (我得提醒你一句。)
Let me tell you something.
I think you should know...
小心!
Watch out! *用于有险情时,“危险!”、“留神!”、“小心!”。
Watch out! (小心!)
Thanks! You saved my life. (谢谢你救了我一条命。)
Look out!
Be careful!
Heads up!
You'd better be careful!
Please be careful! (请多加小心!)
You should be careful! (你得多加小心!)
You should watch out! (你得留神!)
注意脚下。
Watch your step! *用于提醒地滑,看不清楚楼梯等场合。常用于公共告示。
Watch your step! (注意脚下。)
Oh, yeah? Why? (噢?是吗?为什么?)
Mind your step.
Be careful where you walk.
Look where you're going.
抓紧我。
Hold on to me tight.
Don't let go! (别松手!)
Hold me tightly.
要提防着点儿他!
Watch out for him!
Watch out for him! (要提防着点儿他!)
Why? (为什么?)
Be careful of him.
Keep your eye on him.
这里有点儿蹊跷。
There's a little catch. *“小心有陷阱,圈套”。
That sounds easy. (好像很简单。)
Well, there's a little catch. (可是,有点蹊跷。)
There's something to it.
It's not as easy as it sounds. (并不像听起来的那么容易。)
三思而后行。
Think twice before you do it.
轻拿轻放。/动作轻点儿。
Easy does it. *表示“要小心谨慎地处理”易碎品或贵重物。
Easy does it, doesn't drop the TV. (动作轻点儿,小心别把电视掉下来。)
Don't worry. I won't. (放心吧,掉不下来。)
Gently.
Be careful. (小心啊!)
手下留情。
Please go easy on me. *出自于新手和没有实力的人的口中。 也可用于体育运动go easy on... 常用于命令句, 表示“对……要手软”、 “对人或东西要珍惜”、 “对……要留有余地”。
It's my first time, please go easy on me. (我这是第一次,请手下留情。)
Alright, I'll try. (知道了,我会的。)
别操之过急。
Let's not jump the gun. *gun为“手枪”,而jump the gun是固定词组,表示比赛枪响前就跑出去的意思。即“抢跑”、“抢先……”之意。
I think I've got the job. Let's celebrate! (我想我已经找到了工作。我们来庆祝一下吧!)
Let's not jump the gun. (为之过早了吧。)
Let's not be too hasty.
Let's not rush into things.
Don't count your chickens before they are hatched. *“别在小鸡孵出之前就数鸡”,常用于口语中。
不要做得太过火。
Let's not go overboard. *go overboard “做过了”、“超限度”。
I bought four dozen eggs. (我买了四打鸡蛋。)
Let's not go overboard. (别太离谱呀!)
Let's not go too far.
Let's not be extreme.
我们看情况再说。
Let's wait and see how things go. *用于各种情况。
Let's wait and see.
别这么快下结论。
Don't jump to conclusions! *jump to conclusions直译是“随便下结论”,即“过早地下结论”、“贸然断定”。
So, I think she's pregnant. (所以,我想她已经怀孕了。)
Don't jump to conclusions! (别这么快地下结论。)
Don't prejudge it! (别凭想像判断。)
Don't make assumptions! (不能主观臆断。)
Don't get the wrong idea. (不要抱有那种错误想法。)
别那么自私。
Don't be selfish. *selfish “任性的,自私的,利己的”。
Don't be self-centered.
Don't be egotistical.
你的工作表现总是不稳定。
Your work is always inconsistent. *inconsistent “不一致的”、“不稳定的”、“反复无常的”。
Your work is always erratic.
Your work is always patchy.
Your work is always uneven.
你不该随便乱花钱。
You shouldn't spend money foolishly.
You should try to be thriftier. (你该试着再节约些。)
You shouldn't spend your money like water.
You shouldn't waste your money. (你不该那么浪费钱。)