My husband gave my 6 year old son a $10 bill.
丈夫把一张10美元的钞票交给了儿子。
This $10 bill went with my son everywhere, from one pair of jeans to another, one hoodie to the other.
这张钞票跟着他走到这儿走到那儿,从一条牛仔裤的口袋转移到另一条牛仔裤的口袋,从一件兜帽衫转移到另一件兜帽衫。
My son would even sleep soundly with the $10 bill under his head.
他把这张钞票放在枕头下面,似乎这样他就能睡得格外香甜。
扫描下方二维码,进入“每日一练”免费在线测试
You see, he was holding out to buy something special.
我明白,他想留着这张钞票,准备买点特别的东西。
One day my son and I go to the local grocery store where a man was singing carols and ringing a bell.
一天,我带他去附近的杂货店。我们看到一个男人,他一边唱着圣诞颂歌,一边摇着铃铛。
My son asks me "what is he doing?"
儿子问我,“他在做什么?”
I told my son "he's singing to get our attention in hopes of collecting money for the poor or for children who don't have toys."
我告诉他,“他想通过唱歌来吸引路人的注意,这样他就能为穷人,或者为没有玩具的孩子们筹集善款了。”
I proceeded to keep walking but my son wasn't next to me.
我继续向前走,儿子却不在我旁边了。
I turned around to see his little hand digging in his pocket, pulling out his $10 bill.
我转身发现他把小手伸进了口袋,拿出了那张10美元的钞票。
He slides the bill into the slot, says Merry Christmas and walks over to me.
他把钞票塞进了捐赠箱里,对那个男人说“圣诞快乐”,然后走回我身边来。
I said "you made mommy very happy."
我对他说,“你让妈妈非常开心!”
He told me "I heard a voice say go, give him the money."
他对我说,“我听到一个声音对我说,去吧,把你的钱给他。”
Then he says "I heard another voice say "no, keep the money, you want a toy."
接着他又说,“我听到另一个声音说,‘不,别给他,你不是想买个玩具的吗?’”
I told my son "you listened to the right voice……” He looks up at me with his hands in the air and asks "but who are they"
我告诉他,“你按照第一个声音告诉你的做了。你做得对。”他扬起脸看着我,两手一摊,“可是,那是谁发出的声音呢?”
I laughed and said "they're you."
我笑了,对他说,“是你的心在对你说话呀!”
口译: 翻译资格考试二级口译模拟题
笔译: 翻译资格考试二级笔译模拟题
资料来源考试网校老师主讲教材精讲班课程,完整讲义下载进入个人中心>>
一级建造师二级建造师二级建造师造价工程师土建职称公路检测工程师建筑八大员注册建筑师二级造价师监理工程师咨询工程师房地产估价师 城乡规划师结构工程师岩土工程师安全工程师设备监理师环境影响评价土地登记代理公路造价师公路监理师化工工程师暖通工程师给排水工程师计量工程师