我们俩合不来了。
We just don’t get along.
我想我很了解你。
I thought I knew you.
我和我的秘书有了婚外情。
I had an affair with my secretary.
和你在一起没意思。
I don’t enjoy being with you.
We don’t have any fun anymore.
我们离婚吧。
Let’s get divorced. *divorce“离婚”。
I don’t love you anymore. (我不再爱你了。)
Let’s get divorced. (我们离婚吧。)
现在我和我妻子分居了。
I’m separated from my wife. *separate“夫妻分居”。
We are living separately now.
我不能失去你。
I can’t get over losing you. *get over“(从疾病、痛苦中)恢复,重新站起”。
I can’t recover from breaking up with you. (我无法接受和你的分手。)
I can’t forget you. (我无法忘记你。)
和你分手是我最大的痛苦。
Breaking up is hard to do. *break up“朋友、夫妻间的分手”。
make up (和好,言归于好)
请不要伤我的心。
Don’t break my heart. *break one’s heart“使……万分痛苦,让对方因失恋而痛苦”。
I want to break up. (我想和你分手。)
Don’t break my heart. (请不要伤我的心。)
Don’t make me sad.
我们争论了好几个小时。
We argued for hours. *argue“是用理论来说服对方”或“各自坚持自己的主张而争论不休“。