第一部分 英中对照
Choose a place you go to often that is important toyou and explain why it is important.
请选择一个你经常去并对你很重要的地方。请说明它为什么对你重要。
Please include specific details in your explanation.
请在你的陈述中包含一些具体的例子。
Some college students choose to take courses in avariety of subject areas in order to get a broadeducation.
当今,一些大学生为了获得更广泛的教育,他们会选着很多课程,涵盖各种各样的领域。
Others choose to focus on a single subject area in order to have a deeper understanding of thatarea.
另外的一些学生则专注于某个特定的领域,以便获得对该领域更深层次的了解。
Which approach to course selection do you think is better for students and why?
你觉得哪种选择课程的方式对学生更好?为什么?
The man express his opinion of the university's plan to eliminate the bus service.
在下面的对话中,这位男士表达了自己对学校减少公交车相关业务这一行为的看法。
State his opinion and explain the reason he gives for hold that opinion.
请陈述他的观点以及用于支撑该观点的理由。
The university is planning to eliminate its bus service.
学校计划减少公交车相关业务。
Read the article from the university newspaper about the plan.
请阅读学校报纸对于该计划所作出的报道。
You will have 45 seconds to read the article. Begin reading now.
你将由45秒钟的时间来阅读这篇文章。阅读现在开始。
I don't like the university's plan. Really?
我不喜欢学校的这个计划?真的?
I've ridden those buses and sometimes there were only a few people on the bus.
我坐过公交车,有时候公交车上的人很少。
It did seem like a kind of a waste.
这种情况似乎很浪费资源。
I see your point, but I think the problem is the route out of date.
我明白你的想法,但是我觉得问题的关键是在于公交车线路和实际情况有点脱节了。
It only goes to the neighborhood that have gotten too expensive for students to live in.
它就只去一些好社区,而那些社区对学生来说居住成本太高了。
It is ridiculous that they have not already changed route, you know, so it goes where mostoff-campus students live now.
很可笑的是,他们却没有改变公交车线路,所以呢,公交车实际上是在很多校外生居住区域运行。
I bet if they did that, they'd get plenty of students riding those buses.
我敢打赌,如果他们那样做(改变路线),肯定会有很多学生选择坐公交的。
Well, at least they are adding more parking, it has gotten really tough to find a space.
嗯,他们这样做的话,至少是需要增加一些停车的地方,现在要找到停车位真的是很难。
That is the other part I do not like, actually.
事实上,这是我不喜欢这个计划的另外一个原因。
Cutting back the bus service and adding parking just encourage more students to drive oncampus and that just adds to noise around campus and create more traffic.
减少公交服务,增加停车位。这样只会鼓励更多学生开车去学校,这样只会让校园有更多噪音,增大校园的车流量。
And that'll increase the need for more parking spaces.
这样的话,就需要增加更多的停车空间。
Yeah, I guess I can see your point. Maybe it would be better if more students use the busesinstead of driving.
是的,我想我明白你的意思的。如果更多学生选择乘坐公交而非是自己开车,这样也许会更好点。
Right. And the university should make it easier to do that, not harder.
对的。而学校需要做的是让乘坐公交变得更容易,而非是更难。