2017年下半年英语六级口语备考练习(63)
Dave: Whoa. Now I'm awake! Zina has a secret admirer.
戴夫: 哇。这会我可醒了!吉娜有暗恋者了。
Zina: I really do not have time to deal with some 1) lovesick computer 2) geek.
吉娜: 我真的没时间去应付爱昏了头的电脑怪胎。
Dave: I know what you mean. I can't stand computer geeks.
戴夫: 我知道你的意思。我也受不了电脑怪胎。
Zina: Sorry, Dave, I didn't mean you. I am just not 3) in the mood for this. I have work to do.
吉娜: 抱歉,戴夫,我不是说你。我只是没心情搞这玩意儿。我还有工作要做。
Dave: Who do you think it is?
戴夫: 你觉得是谁?
语言详解
A: Your friend seems to be in a better mood.
你朋友的心情看起来好多了。
B: I gave her a pep talk.
我给她来了段精神讲话。
【I can't stand... 我无法忍受……】
stand这个字大家一定都知道,但它除了“站”这个意思之外,最常用的就是指“忍受”,可以用在人身上:
A: Allison is my best friend.
爱丽森是我最好的朋友。
B: I can't stand her. She is so fake!
我受不了她。她好假喔!
也可以用在事物身上:
A: It must be 45 degrees in here.
这里一定有四十五度。
B: I can't stand it anymore. It's too hot!
我再也受不了了。有够热的!
用来表示动作也行:
A: Let's go have a beer at Tom's.
我们去"汤姆的店"喝啤酒。
B: I can't stand to go there. It reminds me of my ex-girlfriend.
我不能忍受去那里。那会让我想起我的前女友。
1) lovesick (a.) 因爱而分神迷乱的
2) geek (n.) 怪胎
3) be in the mood for有心情去...