A: What did you do to get her back?
你是怎么把她惹火了?
B: I only said she was easy to take offence.
我只是说她很爱生气。
A: And what else did you say?
你还说了别的什么吗?
B: Well, I also said she was not even a child.
我还说她连一个孩子都不如。
A: But these remarks were enough to get her back up.
这些话语就足够让她生气了的。
知识点讲解
Get someone’s back up的意思是“惹怒某人,把某人给惹翻了”。
A: One thing you are particular good at is to communicate your ideas to other people, and that ability is what I need most.
你很擅长表达你的观点,这真是我最需要的。
B: Maybe you have some difficulty in getting your ideas across.
或许你不能很清楚表达你自己的想法。
A: Yes, it troubles me too much.
是的,这使我很苦恼。
B: Maybe I can help you to improve this ability.
没准儿我可以帮助你改善这种情况。
B: If so, I would be very obliged to you.
如果真是这样的话,那我可得好好谢谢你。
知识点讲解
Get across的本意是“穿过,通过”,引申为“说明,阐明”的意思。使用时,当主语为Sb.,意思为“阐明某事”。
A: If you get the best of her again, I’ll do you over.
如果你占了她的便宜,我就揍你。
B: Do you think you are strong enough?
你以为你又很劲吗?
A: You can have a try and see.
你可以试试看。
知识点讲解
Get the best of的意思是“占某人的便宜,享有最优越的”。