Ⅰ.核心学习:公司发生了糟糕的事
Billy: Howdy, how are you all doing?
比利:你好,你们都还好吗?
Michael: We are just fine. How about you and your company?
迈克尔:我们都很好。你和你的公司最近怎么样?
Billy: As well as can be expected.
比利:预见之中。
Michael: What happened?
迈克尔:发生什么事了?
Billy: Can't you guess?
比利:你不能猜猜吗?
Michael: Did your company go bankrupt?
迈克尔:你的公司破产了吗?
Billy: You hit the nail on the head. We went bankrupt.
比利:你说的一点没错。我们的公司关门大吉了。
Michael: I am sorry to hear that.
迈克尔:很难过听到这个消息。
Billy: Not as sorry as we are.
比利:没有我们那么难过。
Michael: Is there anything I can do for you?
迈克尔:我可以帮你什么忙吗?
Billy: Now we are all in debt and unemployed. Can you lend us some money and help us find new jobs?
比利:现在我们都欠债累累而且失业在家了。你能借给我们一些钱并帮我们找到工作吗?
Michael: I will do my best. I will try.
迈克尔:我会尽力而为。我会努力帮你们的。
Ⅱ.单词简析
1) A dime a dozen : common, easy to find
普通的,容易找到的
ex:Low-paying jobs are a dime a dozen.
要想找到一份低工资的工作是轻而易举的事情。
2) Bankrupt : to lose all of your money, be broke
破产
ex:Ned's company is in bad shape. They are almost bankrupt.
耐德的公司经营状况很糟糕,他们几乎要面临破产的边缘。
3) Debt : to owe money,
债务,欠债
ex:My company is already in debt for one million dollars. I will do my best to pay you back.
我的公司已经欠了1百万美元,我会尽我最大的努力偿还你的钱。
4)Surplus : extra; too much
盈余,剩余
ex:Our store has a surplus of product.
我们的商店还有大量的产品积压。
5) You hit the nail on the head : yes, exactly
正确无误
ex:Yes, you are right, you hit the nail on the head.
是的,你对了,完全正确。
一级建造师二级建造师二级建造师造价工程师土建职称公路检测工程师建筑八大员注册建筑师二级造价师监理工程师咨询工程师房地产估价师 城乡规划师结构工程师岩土工程师安全工程师设备监理师环境影响评价土地登记代理公路造价师公路监理师化工工程师暖通工程师给排水工程师计量工程师
执业药师执业医师卫生资格考试卫生高级职称执业护士初级护师主管护师住院医师临床执业医师临床助理医师中医执业医师中医助理医师中西医医师中西医助理口腔执业医师口腔助理医师公共卫生医师公卫助理医师实践技能内科主治医师外科主治医师中医内科主治儿科主治医师妇产科医师西药士/师中药士/师临床检验技师临床医学理论中医理论