Ⅰ.核心学习:要求加薪的技巧
Billy: How is your new position at the company?
比利:你在公司的新职位怎么样?
Michael: Same old, same old. How about you?
迈克尔:老样子,没什么变化。你呢?
Billy: I'm A-Ok. I heard that you are applying for a raise. You really deserve it.
比利:我很好。我听说你要申请加薪,你确实应该加薪。
Michael: I guess so, but I am nervous.
迈克尔:我也这么想,可是我有点紧张。
Billy: Why are you nervous, you are a hard worker and the staff members all like you, right?
比利:为什么紧张,你很努力,大家也都很喜欢你,不是吗?
Michael: That is correct, but I am afraid to talk with the manager. I never know how to ask for a raise.
迈克尔:没错,可我害怕跟经理说,我不知道怎么要求加薪。
Billy: No problem, I will help you practice. I will give you self-confidence.
比利:没问题,我帮你示范一下,你会有自信的。
Michael: You would do that for me? You are A-OK.
迈克尔:你愿意帮我?你真棒。
Billy: I will make you a shoe-in for the raise.
比利:我保证你能得到加薪。
Ⅱ.单词简析
1) A-OK : fine, great (spoken English only)
很好,了不起
ex:I hope everything is A-OK with Tom. He is late.
汤姆迟到了,我希望他没事。
2) A shoe-in : must win, best candidate
最佳人选
ex:You are a shoe-in for the job.
你是这工作的最佳人选。
3) Promotion : getting a higher station
升职
ex:Great news, I got the promotion. Now I am a senior account manager.
好消息,我升职了,现在我是高级客户经理。
4) Persuade : change one's mind, talk into
劝说
ex:After a lot of talking, my wife persuaded me to get a new job.
经过再三劝说,妻子说服了我去找一份新工作。
5) Superior : one higher than you, your boss
上司
ex:I must give a report to my superiors this afternoon.
今天下午我必须向上司汇报。
6) Worthy : able, valuable
值得的
Tom is worthy an award for his high score on the test.
汤姆应该为他的考试高分得到奖励。
一级建造师二级建造师二级建造师造价工程师土建职称公路检测工程师建筑八大员注册建筑师二级造价师监理工程师咨询工程师房地产估价师 城乡规划师结构工程师岩土工程师安全工程师设备监理师环境影响评价土地登记代理公路造价师公路监理师化工工程师暖通工程师给排水工程师计量工程师
执业药师执业医师卫生资格考试卫生高级职称执业护士初级护师主管护师住院医师临床执业医师临床助理医师中医执业医师中医助理医师中西医医师中西医助理口腔执业医师口腔助理医师公共卫生医师公卫助理医师实践技能内科主治医师外科主治医师中医内科主治儿科主治医师妇产科医师西药士/师中药士/师临床检验技师临床医学理论中医理论