Ⅰ.核心学习:Being a Good Manager 做个好经理
Michael: Hey Billy - who is the new guy going into the CFO's office?
迈克尔:嘿,比利-走进首席财务官办公室那个新来的家伙是谁?
Billy: Why are you whispering, Michael?
比利:你为什么小声说话,迈克尔?
Michael: I don't want anyone to hear me. Do you know who the suit is?
迈克尔:我不想让别人听到。你知道那个经理是谁吗?
Billy: I think he might be our new manager!
比利:我觉得他可能是我们的新经理!
Michael: You mean we are getting a new head-honcho?
迈克尔:你是说我们要有一个新工头?
Billy: Maybe. He looks like the management type.
比利:可能。他看起来像那种管理类型的。
Michael: Do you think I look like potential management?
迈克尔:你觉得我看起来像是潜在的管理人员吗?
Billy: I think you look OK, but do you know what it takes to be a good manager?
比利:我觉得你看起来还行,不过你知道要做一个好的经理人需要什么吗?
Michael: Not really, but I get the feeling that you are about to tell me.
迈克尔:不太清楚,不过我觉得你就要告诉我了。
Ⅱ.单词简析
1) CFO: Chief Financial Officer
CFO:首席财务官
ex:A company's CFO is usually responsible for all of the financial aspects of running the organization.
公司的首席财务官通常负责公司运作财务方面的所有事情。
2) Suit: sometimes used to mean a manager as opposed to technical or professional staff
经理:有时候用来指经理,而不是技术或专业人员
ex:When I worked in an advertising agency, the suits always looked down on the creative staff.
当我在一家广告公司工作的时候,经理老是瞧不起有创意的员工。
3) Head-honcho: the boss, your manager
工头:老板,你的经理
ex:It's probably not a good idea to let your manager hear you calling them the head-honcho!
让你的经理听见你叫他们工头大概不是什么好主意!
4) Potential: something that might happen
潜在的:可能发生的事情
ex:I have the potential to be an Olympic athlete, but I am just too lazy to do any training.
我有成为奥林匹克运动员的潜能,不过我就是太懒了,什么训练也没参加。
一级建造师二级建造师二级建造师造价工程师土建职称公路检测工程师建筑八大员注册建筑师二级造价师监理工程师咨询工程师房地产估价师 城乡规划师结构工程师岩土工程师安全工程师设备监理师环境影响评价土地登记代理公路造价师公路监理师化工工程师暖通工程师给排水工程师计量工程师
执业药师执业医师卫生资格考试卫生高级职称执业护士初级护师主管护师住院医师临床执业医师临床助理医师中医执业医师中医助理医师中西医医师中西医助理口腔执业医师口腔助理医师公共卫生医师公卫助理医师实践技能内科主治医师外科主治医师中医内科主治儿科主治医师妇产科医师西药士/师中药士/师临床检验技师临床医学理论中医理论